Tuesday 11 November 2014

So much happening, so little posting!

Again I have found myself not posting to this blog. I keep promising myself that I will post more, but life gets in the way. Since my last post I have built an 800 Square foot garage including building my own cement forms. Thankfully my girfriend knows what she is doing when it comes to construction work. From dirt work to drywall the entire project took 4 months, in which I still made some progress on the fleetline. Within that time, I have also started doing management courses to advance my career for my day job, although my offtime in the garage is alot more interesting.

 
Above is a clevis I modified from a Lokar kit to work with the original bell crank to adapt it toa cable type system

The above sits behind the master cylinder providing clearance for the brak lines and the hole is for the cable casing to go into and lock in with a c-clip


Follow the clivis, down the cable. You can see the c-clip holding the cable sheath in place.


 
The cable splitter, attached to the frame with quarter inch self tapping screw

 The rear end of the carall buttoned up and ready to go!



My new splash pan installed. The fender welting is from a volkswagon. I think it finished it off nicely.

 
 
Sitting in the new garage, drywall isnt quite done. Dont worry, the car was coverd and protected from the dust and mud splatters while any work was being performed!

Windshield and trim installed

A clip I had to fabricate to install the window trim
 
The milling machine and lathe are finally home from my Dads farm after being in storage after a year. They are a little worse for wear and need some attention, but I am super excited to be back at it!
 
My girlfriend and I bought a collaberative project!!!
 
Stay tuned!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment